What are we up to this week?
Here are the links to our projects.
- About the Books. Visit www.About-the-Books.com and our community forum at www.meetup.com/WordSmitten.
- WordSmitten. The people, the books, and the business of writing. This is the mothership. WordSmitten was established in 1999 in St. Petersburg, Florida with the idea that although living in New York City is exciting, for Hawaiian beach bums like Kate Sullivan and Bill Loewenstein, only two miles from a perfect seaside will do. WordSmitten launched a radio broadcast in 2005 and a podcast distributed on iTunes in 2008. The show features Pulitzer Prize-winning authors and debut novelists. Tune in to the fun on “About the Books.”
- Our recent interview with the literary legend Tom Robbins continues to enchant our listeners. And on February 23, 2013, “novelist and rock star” Tom Robbins appeared with authors Cathy Unruh, Sterling Watson, Craig Pittman, and panelists for the event included Peter Dekom, an entertainment attorney with clients that have included film legends George Lucas, Ron Howard, and Rob Reiner. This was at the WordSmitten 7th Annual Writing Conference in St. Petersburg.
- And our interview with the late film legend, actor Tony Curtis, created a bit of history for us and will be a special part of our archives.
- In addition to the radio show, we conduct monthly classes, the WordSmitten Writing Workshop Series and these are held in the Tampa Bay area. Visit www.meetup.com/wordsmitten for details. If you are writing a memoir, a novel, a short story, or a non-fiction book, these workshop members are smart, sassy, and talented. Join them.
- WordSmitten Media Services. Getting the Word Out. Our clients began to ask us to do for them what we were doing for bestselling authors. We agreed that might add some fun to our day, and we began writing radio spots, PSAs, both long and short form radio broadcasts, editing the programs for podcast distribution, writing Web content that has the same kind of Google-friendly material that brought wordsmitten.com to the top of Google Page One results, and then we began creating live events for our clients.